Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Monday, January 16, 2012

The Holiday Season

Hi Everyone! I'm behind per usual, as things have been a little hectic - lots going on and we're excited for 2012, but for now, I must close out 2011...it's the blog rules that I've just made up.

December was a fun and busy month! One of my best friends stopped over for a night with her husband. Although they were just passing through, we had a lovely night visiting and being generally awesome. I love my Doctors Guidry! We decided not to have a tree this year (Christmas with the Kranks?); it just didn't make sense with us beginning to move out of our town home (plus our ornaments are still in Louisiana...whoops) and with us going back to Louisiana for the holidays. We still got into the spirit...and you KNOW we sent Christmas cards! See previous post. 

This is what I come home to - Joey Crocker!


We got "tacky" with new friends

We attended my company's holiday party at The Driskill Hotel, Austin
Love these girls!

Handsome arm candy :)



I mean, somebody has to get the party started...might as well be us!


And we had a lovely, hilarious Christmas filled with the usual craziness - but as my motto surrounding the holidays states, "Tis the Season!" Of course we drove to Louisiana for Christmas, joined by my beautiful sister, who flew into Austin from L.A. We went to a few holiday parties, caught up with as many friends as possible, visited family, had a bonfire, had the slightest car wreck yet again (what is it with going to Louisiana and my car getting hit? Are you trying to tell me something, Louisiana? See here.) played a lot of monopoly ("You should really invest in real estate"... I am quite the heckler when it comes to monopoly fyi) and even had the midnight winnow. My poor mother's house is filled with mine and Maya's "stuff" from yesteryear, and it desperately needed to be sorted and for the most part thrown away!! I think we stayed up until about 3am one night going through all that stuff...so many memories and oh so much crap that is now out of my mom's house - yay!!

Joey and his sweet Mom
Gal pals at a holiday party!
Meredith, Holly, Fleur and Ashley
(totally stole this pic from Ash!)

Fleur, Brenda and Maya

With our littlest sister, Isabella
Love these girls!



The Farm
We stayed on my mom's beautiful farm this time coming home - it was a lot of fun! Polly Browne especially enjoyed getting into all sorts of trouble on the farm. . . oh, that dog.
And of course J-man could walk right out the front door and hunt - dream come true. Although, after a stellar report card and just because we love the guy, Joey got an Xbox 360 from me and a few other family members - so I think it's safe to say that once Christmas day rolled around, he was kinda hooked on the ole boxxy poo. It was great to surprise him this year!!
Joey plays Xbox as the hounds look on...or away rather.

As always, we were sad to leave Louisiana. I hope you all had a wondrous Christmas with your family! Best wishes for 2012!

Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment