Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Monday, September 6, 2010

Two Very Special Trips

Well, we're jetting off tomorrow! I can't believe this day has arrived. We're getting very excited, and also very curious about how these next few months will unfold.


Before we left, Joey and I each had somewhere we needed to go separately. For Joey, it was a road trip with his dad and brother through northern Mississippi, Tennessee and Alabama. They visited various family members, many of whom Joey had not before met. They also went to different museums and other historical points of interest. I think they even got to visit the grave site of Joey's grandfather's great grandfather. I'm sure Joey could tell you much more about this trip, but as he tells me, I'm the writer of the family. At any rate, they had a great time; and I'm pretty sure this is the first time that father and sons have taken a trip together just by themselves. I'm really glad they went.

So while Joey was gallivanting down South, I went up to New York to see my sister Maya. As many of you know, my sister is pursuing an acting career, and has lived there for about five years. She is doing an amazing job, and we're all so proud of her. Although I get to visit her pretty often, and she also comes home a few times a year, there is always a hole in my heart that no one else can fill when she's not around. It's very difficult living separately, as we're very close. So I wanted to come see her before Joey and I left for Europe. This is actually the first time I've ever come to visit by myself...Joey is usually with me, or other family, as everyone wants to see her, and we're usually coming to see a show of hers. So it was really nice to get to some time together just the two of us. We lovingly dubbed it SISTERFEST! I stayed for a week, and then she flew home with me for additional week, so it was really wonderful. It's the longest amount of consecutive days we've gotten to spend together since she's lived in New York. I will miss her terribly, and I'm so grateful I got to spend some time with my little Moo before we leave. Here are a few photos from my trip to NY and while we were home, and a few from Joey's trip.  
Greenwich Village


At Brunch in Brooklyn

James and Joey in Huntsville, Alabama at the NASA Space Center


Being silly with our dogs, as usual

Fleur, my Grandmother, my Mom, Maya at home




We will dearly miss our family and friends while we're gone! Please leave a comment every now and then or send us an e-mail! We would love to hear from you. Your prayers during our travels are very much appreciated.


Love and blessings to you and yours,



8 comments:

  1. Good luck to ya'll, praying for safe travels and exciting adventures! We can't wait to see ya'll again when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! and i understand the hole in your heart. i miss hannah all the time. have so much fun and be safe! i love you fleur!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you guys will have an amazing trip, and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and be safe. Stay in touch and let me know if you need anything over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adventure! I'll be following along!
    Suzy Smith (from DDD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uughhhh! I hate that we did not get a chance to hang out before you left! I just wasn't feeling well! I should have just sucked it up, because I miss you so much and don't even know the full story about where you and Joey are going and what y'all are doing! If you get a chance please send me a message so I can be up-to-date on you and Joey's adventure! Anyways, i love y'all both! Best wishes and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol...above comment from melanie carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Joey and Fleur! Chad and I hope yall are having a wonderful time. Take some good notes cause we are planning our trip to France!! Hope to see some great blogs soon! Patriece

    ReplyDelete