Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Sunday, September 26, 2010

La Dolce Far Niente

I just had to share this photo, taken on the last day of our stay in Greece. It is an image that will live in inphamy and one that we may never see again:


Joey with a kitty!

Suffice it to say, Joey has never been too fond of felines, and so this little encounter just cracked me up! This little guy would not stop loving on him. He was not interested in me at all, but loved snuggling up to Joey all afternoon long. It was too cute...I think Joey even liked it a little :)



Joey has been actively trying to pursue la dolce far niente, or "the sweetness of doing nothing." He is an extremely active person at home; you will rarely see him lounging in front of the TV. He always has to be moving, accomplishing and producing. So his goal on this trip, especially in Greece, was to practice this art of relaxation and pleasure of doing nothing. I, on the other hand, have this practice down pretty well already, I know the sweetness of relaxation very well. In comparison with my partner in life, sometimes I feel like I practice it too much! But not to worry, we have left the land of relaxation and have returned to busy streets, pretty people with their slim cigarettes, butter croissants, countless cafes, marvelling history, et bien sur, l'amour. Donc, c'est Paris!
 
 

1 comment: