Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bond. Dad Bond.


What can I possibly say about my Dad that will adequately encompass his essence? I'm not sure I can, but I'll do my best.

He's the snappiest dresser I know. He works harder than a workhorse, yet still has tons of energy....always. He drives a Maserati and refers to himself as 007. He's never met a stranger. He can drive you bonkers, but you can't help but be sucked in by his charm. He has 5 daughters, 1 son and loves to talk about all us in detail....to everyone. He is very proud of his Italian heritage. His appearance very much deceives his true age. I got my full head of hair from him, and I hope I also inherit the anti-aging gene. He's a fan of potty humor....also got that from him. He absolutely has a mischievous side and a slight love of the dramatic. He's a truly great lawyer. Yes, it's accurate to state I've never met anyone quite like my father (and you probably haven't either if you've had the pleasure), but I'm very glad to say he's mine.

Papala's birthday fell on the last weekend of January this year, and he invited Maya and I to come into Houston to celebrate. All of my little sisters are dancers, and every year they attend a competition/workshop held in Houston; and it usually falls around my dad's birthday. So I drove in after work, and Maya flew in - we all had a great time! It was lovely to get to see my sisters in action and of course hang out with them for the weekend. I can't believe how fast they are growing. And little baby boy is just getting cuter and bigger by the moment! Since Michael has been born, I think this is the first time all 6 siblings have been together in one place, and I'm so glad we were all able to come together to celebrate the birth of the one and only Skip. My only regret is that we didn't get a photo of us all together - shoot! I love you Dad - wishing you the happiest of birthdays! Looking forward to your visit to Austin this weekend!

Girls will be girls - Isabella, Fleur and Maya

Making his 10-minute birthday wish....as he would say, when you have 6 kids, you need a lot of wishes, baaazing! And then he would slap you on the head if you're his kid. Thanks Dad... 


No comments:

Post a Comment