Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Monday, September 5, 2011

Nothing like a sister

My baby sister came to stay with us last week on her way to her new home in L.A! As always, we had a blast together. We're so proud of her - she has worked so hard to make this move happen. Coming from New York, this will be quite an adjustment, but we're hoping she'll love the beaches and sunny weather of the west coast! I know Joey and I are looking forward to visiting her soon.

I like to think that Maya and I have much of the same spririt -- we both love adventure, taking chances and going against the grain. But there's a difference in our situations that makes it a bit easier for me: I lean on Joey when things are tough -- Maya has to be brave all on her own. I'm only pointing this out to say that things are scarier on your own, and although I take chances, I have my partner in life to take them with me. Of course she has wonderful support from her family and friends, but ultimately she is the one making things happen. I just admire her so much. People always comment to me how brave she is, and it's absolutely true. She's a beautiful, talented and hard working woman who can do anything. We love you Maya!

This is Maya's second time to visit us in Austin, and she loves the city! We went to a baseball game (her favorite pasttime), swam at Hamilton Pool, went to the movies, searched for the best BBQ in Texas, drank beer, laughed too much, watched the famous Austin bats take flight and just generally had an amazing time.

I know I've said this before, but my sister will always have a piece of my heart that is only hers. I could write a book about our lives and our journey as sisters (maybe I will one day), but for now I will just say that my sister is my soul mate and I cannot imagine life without her. Here's a few pics from her visit! Good luck in Hollywood, my shining star!

Sisters
Baseball
Cows
Hamilton Pool
Sunset on Lake Travis
Polly Browne loves her Aunt Maya!


The day after Moosh left, my mom and Wendell stopped over for a night on their way to a horse sale in another part of Texas. It was a very short visit, but it was great seeing them just for a bit. We got to show them a tiny slice of what Austin has to offer. August has been the month for visitors from home, and we have loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment