Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stay Awhile

Recently some of our very best friends came to visit us in Austin. Jenny and Blaine are the first set of friends to stay with us, and we had a fantastic time! They have never visited Austin, so we had a blast showing them what this great city has to offer. We're pretty new here ourselves, so there were some things we got to experience right along with them! I'm pretty sure they fell in love with Austin :) We hope they'll be back soon.

I am taking this opportunity to gush on my little Jen because I just love her so much. Jenny and I have been friends for about 5 years. We met at my first job after college. Jenny and I both recall our time as coworkers with fond memories -- I've never laughed so much at work in my life!! I was only with the organization for a year before Joey and I moved to Wisconsin, but we've remained very close over the years. Jenny is truly an amazing friend. She is someone I can go to for advice and encouragement, yet also someone who will act like a complete nut right along with me! What started as a fun working relationship quickly grew into a friendship that I will forever cherish. In just 5 years we've seen eachother through a lot - job changes, weddings, my moving to 3 different states in 5 years (sorry about that Jen), graduate school, blessings (like a baby boy!) challenges, countless tears of joy and a few sorrows sprinkled in. I'm just so grateful to her because she is a friend who I can depend upon, who will always be there no matter what. Good friends are so precious! And, I can't go without saying how I love my Blainey too, he is so often my voice of reason, and it's so great that the 4 of us have such a fabulous time together, rather than the boys just tolerating mine and Jenny's antics :) We love you both so much! Ok enough gushing. Here are a few pictures from Jenny and Blaine's stay in Austin! So much FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment