Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Without the Cake. . .Joey's Take

Paris, Normandy & Bruges

Paris: Ah Paree. Paris is lovely and full of history and decent food. The Louvre was amazing to see with my own eyes. Paris at night is beautiful. I see why they call it the city of lights. Paris is full of french people, but they were not rude. Maybe because Fleur can speak french and I pretend that I can so they were pretty nice to us. The Eiffel tower is a site to see, but I think I enjoyed the Louvre the most as far as sight seeing in Paris. Joey's take: Worth dealing with the french to visit Paris. (My french friends know I'm just teasing, but this is my disclaimer for those who don't know)


Normandy: I really enjoyed our trip to Normandy to see Omaha Beach and the D-Day memorial site. Absolutely breathtaking, the grounds are so well groomed it is hard to imagine what actually happened there. However, the small museum on the grounds will never let you forget the men and women who served our country. A great tribute to them and their families. Joey's take: You have to visit.


Bruges: What a place to see and who'ed a thunk it. However, Bruges is where daddy is from (Austin Powers Lovers). The chocolate is great, belgian beer is great, the waffles are OK, and it is full of its own history. I enjoyed Bruges, it was small, easily walked, and away from the hustle and buslte of the big cities in Europe (like Paris and London). It was quite relaxing, but the flemish food..... not so good. Joey's take: Very relaxing
 
Thanks for reading,
Joey


No comments:

Post a Comment