Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Saturday, April 14, 2012

Springtime in Austin!



I have been loving the weather lately! THIS is when the drier climate has its perks - 85 degrees feels lovely with the springtime breeze and very little humidity. Sadly, when it creeps up to 105 in the summer months, no amount of dryness can fend off the heat. I never thought I would experience hotter summers than what we get in the swamp, but I was oh so wrong. Oh Texas heat, you are unrelenting.

But summer is not upon us YET! And the Texas bluebonnets have been in full bloom everywhere! I think the drought was so bad last year that they never made an appearance, but we've had way more rain this year (when I say 'way more' I mean from nothing to some...progress!). The bluebonnets are a beautiful sight to see as you drive along the highway or pass by a field. They are most striking I think because they grow in such great quantities in that lovely purple-blue shade. I know I'm not the only admirer because I've seen quite a few people taking photos of and among them with their families. So needless to say Polly B and I had a little photo shoot of our own one afternoon...there's a large patch of the darlings in a park right by our house. Take a look!



Polly Browne wasn't sure what to think of them



They're quite fragrant and fun to pounce on!


HAPPY SPRING Y'ALL! 


3 comments:

  1. love those texas bluebonnets! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the blue bonnets! If it weren't for the summers, I would say we live in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete