Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --Mark Twain



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Brother?!?

Yep, you read right. I have a brother as of July 14! It's hard to believe -- life never ceases to surprise -- I can honestly say I never expected to have a brother. My dad has 5 daughters to his name, and he never tires of telling everyone he comes in contact just how many daughters he has. Partially, I think, because he wants people to pity him (he calls us high maintenance...ok dad), but mainly because he is very proud of all of us. Ranging from ages 28 (me) to almost 6 years old, I was fairly certain the sibling set was complete. But my dad and his wife were blessed with another child, and amazingly, a BOY! I've read articles about how once you've had about 3 of the same gendered children, it's not likely that you'll get the other sex...you're pretty much marked for either boys OR girls. And since the man determines the sex of the baby, my dad certainly favors girls! He is a proud papa as he adds #6 to Team Ferrara, and I can't wait to see him with a SON! I haven't gotten to meet the little guy since we're in another state, but I hope to see him soon! He's a few photos that have been sent my way. And he's a blonde!!

My brother, Baby Ferrara


Ferrara #5 with Ferrara #6!
Ferraras 001 - 004 with our Dad, James Bond 007 (he refers to us all by numbers, Bond style!)


Fleur

No comments:

Post a Comment